what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

Aaron Li

hi, thanks a lot for building such an awesome project, I am very interesting in the flexible visualization  in zeppelin, I also know a little about d3.js, highcharts.js but zeppelin's visualization seems much better and powerful, could any one tell the what the package used in zeppelin to build its visualization? thanks a lot

great thanks again

Re: what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

Anthony Corbacho

hi,

the visualozation used in Zeppelin is nvd3.

great thanks again

Re: what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

Aaron Li
great thanks, Anthony, I took something on nvd3 these days, and I still have one question.

my question is about the screenshot bellow, or can take a look at this link:

I find that nvd3 is just a visualization lib, but I want to know is there also a lib used to build the utils for our visulization ?

for example:

  • the chart type selection button; [ I think may make this using some api of nvd3 ]
  • the settings box; [ I feel very interesting, if we change the "keys" , "groups", "values" settings, will the server re-run our sql and return the data to making the graph, if not, how to draw the graph using different "keys", "groups" and "values" configure ]

thanks a lot.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Anthony Corbacho <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi,

the visualozation used in Zeppelin is nvd3.

On Oct 10, 2015 12:52 PM, "Aaron Li" <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi, thanks a lot for building such an awesome project, I am very interesting in the flexible visualization  in zeppelin, I also know a little about d3.js, highcharts.js but zeppelin's visualization seems much better and powerful, could any one tell the what the package used in zeppelin to build its visualization? thanks a lot

great thanks again

Re: what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ (๏̯͡๏)
nvd3 library that is built on d3.

At nvd3
========
This project is an attempt to build re-usable charts and chart components for d3.js without taking away the power that d3.jsgives you. This is a very young collection of components, with the goal of keeping these components very customizeable, staying away from your standard cookie cutter solutions.-
========

Deepak

Re: what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

Corneau Damien

Hi,
The chart type selection buttons is not related to nvd3, its just an easy way for us to switch visualization.

The settings box does not rerun the query. However Query parameters does rerun.

The keys, group, values change the data structure that is sent to a graph. While its not documented and might be a bit hard to understand with the code only, you can just add a console.log in the code in developer mode to see how it changes.

Deepak

Re: what visualization package does zeppelin used? great thanks

Aaron Li
got it, thanks a lot. I see gethue and yhat have some similar visualization solution [ the setting box ] like what zeppelin does, so I was wondering maybe there is some common libs used by you guys.

great thanks again

---
 | Aaron Li | Backend Developer | [hidden email] | +86-182-0217-1279

Download Glow from the App Store Google Playor the Amazon App Store
Download Glow Nurture from the App Store or Google Play

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Corneau Damien <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

oh, forget to say, that I am building a site project, which  will use nvd3 and something like  setting box and change chart type like what zeppelin does.

thanks a lot

---