%sql InvocationTargetException

Raghu Subramanyam

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raghu Subramanyam <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:05 PM
Subject: %sql InvocationTargetException
To: [hidden email]

Hi ,

I was able to build and run zeppelin ( spark 1.4) successfully in my local machine. But when I  connect to remote cluster ( standalone Spark Cluster) and try to run sql commands, I get the following error.

df.registerTempTable("users")

           %sql select * from users

I verfied and the table is registered successfully

sqlContext.tableNames().foreach(println)
users

I am able to run other commands without any issues on the spark cluster

df.select("*").show()
sqlContext.sql("select * from users").show()

I can see the zeppelin application entry in the spark-master webui.
I have set zeppelin.spark.useHiveContext to false in the interpreter settings. And have set MASTER in the zeppelin-env.sh . But it didnt solve the issue

sc.version
1.4.0

any pointers would be helpful.

thanks in advance

Raghu

Re: %sql InvocationTargetException

I'll give you stractrace with the information that helps figure out the problem.

Let me know if it helps.