contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin

contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin

Pengcheng Fang
Hi All,

I have one more question regarding the contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin, for example :

----------------------paragraph1--------------------------
%jdbc(hive)
use database_one

----------------------paragraph2--------------------------
%jdbc(hive)
show tables

----------------------paragraph3--------------------------
%jdbc(hive)
use database_two

----------------------paragraph4--------------------------
%jdbc(hive)
show tables

If the tables in databases_one and databases_two are totally different, will the output in "paragraph2" and "paragraph4" be different ?

From my understanding , the answer should be "YES" , but from test result at my side , the output in "paragraph2" and "paragraph4" are same ...

Does anyone know the reason , or did I go worng ?

Thanks and Best regards

Pengcheng

Re:Re: contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin

Pengcheng Fang
Hi Mohit ,

thank you for your reply, I just ran those paragraphs one by one from top to bottom.

thanks

At 2016-12-28 13:03:24, "Mohit Jaggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From my understanding , the answer should be "YES" , but from test result at my side , the output in "paragraph2" and "paragraph4" are same ...

Does anyone know the reason , or did I go worng ?

Thanks and Best regards

Pengcheng

Re: Re: contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin

Hyung Sung Shim
Hi Fang.
What zeppelin version are you using?
I just tested the latest version of master and It works expected.

[...]

From my understanding , the answer should be "YES" , but from test result at my side , the output in "paragraph2" and "paragraph4" are same ...

Does anyone know the reason , or did I go worng ?

Thanks and Best regards

Pengcheng

Re:Re: Re: contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin

Pengcheng Fang
Hi Shim,

thanks for your reply. I am using the HDP2.5 built-in Zeppelin , but I also tested with the latest version Zeppelin (zeppelin-0.6.2-bin-all.tgz).

However, both of them does not work at my side .

Could I ask if you are indeed using the "%jdbc(hive)" interpreter when you performed the test , since %sql interpreter is working during my testing . Thanks again.

At 2016-12-29 13:41:46, "Hyung Sung Shim" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From my understanding , the answer should be "YES" , but from test result at my side , the output in "paragraph2" and "paragraph4" are same ...

Does anyone know the reason , or did I go worng ?

Thanks and Best regards

Pengcheng

Re: Re: Re: contextual relevance in the previous paragraph and the latter paragraph in Zeppelin

Hyung Sung Shim
Hi.

Actually I tested with jdbc(mysql) but it would be the same with hive right?
and the latest version what i mentioned is the master in the github repo.

BTW could you share your interpreter setting for hive?

[...]

From my understanding , the answer should be "YES" , but from test result at my side , the output in "paragraph2" and "paragraph4" are same ...