configure Zeppelin to use existing external hive metastore

configure Zeppelin to use existing external hive metastore

Richard Xin
on AWS EMR
I am trying to bind zeppelin to an existing hive metastore, I modified hive-site.xml under /etc/hive/conf to pointing to existing metastore, and I tested with commandline hive, it works as expected.
but under zeppelin %sql is still connected to previous hive metastore,
I added line
export HIVE_CONF_DIR=/etc/hive/conf
inside zeppelin-env.sh

And /etc/spark/conf's spark-env.sh has following line by default:
export HIVE_CONF_DIR=${HIVE_CONF_DIR:-/etc/hive/conf}

What did I miss?

Re: configure Zeppelin to use existing external hive metastore

Jeff Zhang

I suppose the %sql means %spark.sql, in that case you need to modify the hive-site.xml under SPARK_CONF_DIR

Richard Xin <[hidden email]>于2017年8月3日周四 上午9:21写道: