config two different python interpreter

Reminia Scarlet
I installed two python , python27 and python34;

My system python is python27.

And I create a python interpreter of python34 specified the python location.

But when running paragraph, it said

error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.4m.so.rh-python34-1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I think only specify the python binary is not enough when adding a new python interpreter.

We should specify python home.

Re: config two different python interpreter

Park Hoon
Hi, I would like to ask how you installed two python instances.

- Was it installed via conda or pyenv?
- Or..

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Reminia Scarlet <[hidden email]> wrote:
I installed two python , python27 and python34;

My system python is python27.

And I create a python interpreter of python34 specified the python location.

But when running paragraph, it said

error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.4m.so.rh-python34-1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I think only specify the python binary is not enough when adding a new python interpreter.

We should specify python home.

Re: config two different python interpreter

Reminia Scarlet
No.
Installed from redhat software collections,
which can be enabled by scl.

And what scl enable does is adding python binary and other related python libs to environment variables.

So I think only specify a python bin path is not enough to locate a python interpreter.

在 2017年9月1日,上午11:26,Park Hoon <[hidden email]> 写道:

Hi, I would like to ask how you installed two python instances.

- Was it installed via conda or pyenv?
- Or..

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Reminia Scarlet <[hidden email]> wrote:
I installed two python , python27 and python34;

My system python is python27.

And I create a python interpreter of python34 specified the python location.

But when running paragraph, it said

error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.4m.so.rh-python34-1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I think only specify the python binary is not enough when adding a new python interpreter.

We should specify python home.

Re: config two different python interpreter

Park Hoon
Hi,

Could you try conda or pyenv to manage multiple pyhon installations?

I haven't used the redhat distribution. But In my machine, conda and pyenv work.

Regard,

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Reminia Scarlet <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I guess conda can work. Cause conda can switch python workspace(environment)
easily.

I think we also need to support python interpreter through a python home which  contains whole python install.
在 2017年9月4日,上午10:31,Park Hoon <[hidden email]> 写道: