/bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

/bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Muhammad Rezaul Karim
Hi All,

When I am trying to start the Zeppelin daemon, I am experiencing the following error:

root@ubuntu:~/zeppelin-0.7.2-bin-all/zeppelin-0.7.2-bin-all$ bin/zeppelin-daemon.sh start
bash: bin/zeppelin-daemon.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Help would be appreciated.

Re: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

calamita.agostino

You have shell scripts in DOS format.

Try to make a dos2unix in every shell files ( *.sh ) and start daemon.

Help would be appreciated.

Re: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Muhammad Rezaul Karim
Hi Calamita,

dos2unix /bin/*.sh did the trick. Thanks so much.