add a mysql NotebookRepo

Jun Zhang

hi, all:
At present,zeppelin provides HDFS, mongodb, s3 and other repositories for storing notebooks. Is it necessary to add a mysql repository? I personally think that the security of the mysql repository may be relatively higher.

Re: add a mysql NotebookRepo

Jeff Zhang
Sure,NotebookRepo is pluggable, you can implement a customized NotebookRepo for mysql.

Jun Zhang <[hidden email]> 于2020年7月29日周三 下午2:08写道:
hi, all:
     At present,zeppelin provides HDFS, mongodb, s3 and other repositories for storing notebooks. Is it necessary to add a mysql repository? I personally think that the security and the stability of the mysql repository may be relatively higher.

thanks

--
Best Regards

Re: add a mysql NotebookRepo

Sam Nicholson
Unless there is a weakness in a particular API/Library for authenticating to a particular backing store, there is no reason  to think that msyl (or any SQL server) is more or less secure than the object stores that you mention.  I would agree with concerns about stability.   That's what SQL servers do, for the most part, they exchange performance for stability and reliability.   IMO, the S3 security model is pretty OK.  Especially if you are using it with Amazon's best practices: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/security-best-practices.html

None of this is to speak bad about object stores and other modern queues and stores.  Kafka, S3  and Azure Blob are all particularly reliable storage.  What SQL can give you is ACID, so that your write transactions are consistent, and you'll never have a silently broken notebook due to storage problems.  Then again, so can Kafka, if you have sufficient resources.

Cheers!