achieved so far using Zeppelin

Nihal Bhagchandani
Hi Team,

thanks for working on this awesome tool...
I have been using this tool since last 2 weeks or so...
attached is the visualization which I able to achieved so far...

Nihal

screenshot-localhost 11080 2015-06-26 12-30-37.png (170K) Download Attachment

Re: achieved so far using Zeppelin

Kevin (Sangwoo) Kim
Geat job!!

could you share some codes you've working on too??

2015년 6월 26일 (금) 오후 6:54, Nihal Bhagchandani <[hidden email]>님이 작성:
Hi Team,

thanks for working on this awesome tool...
I have been using this tool since last 2 weeks or so...
attached is the visualization which I able to achieved so far...

Nihal

Re: achieved so far using Zeppelin

Nihal Bhagchandani
Sure, I am just waiting for my zeppelinhub.com credentials.
This whole data come from 2 files.
1. CSV file where I kept all the session related data.
2. Json file where I kept all the sentiments related data for each session, we collected the live tweets and calculated the sentiments.
After the whole event ends we transfer the data from mongodb to this json file.

I have used zeppelin to show sentiments of each session along with the word cloud of hash tags participants used during that session.

Kevin: please let me know which part you are keen on I would try to help for sure.

Thanks once again for the support moon and all the zeppelin team you guys rock...!

-Nihal

Sent from my iPhone

On 26-Jun-2015, at 20:48, moon soo Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

Wow!
Thanks for sharing the screen!

Best,
moon

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 8:06 AM Kevin (Sangwoo) Kim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Geat job!!

could you share some codes you've working on too??

2015년 6월 26일 (금) 오후 6:54, Nihal Bhagchandani <[hidden email]>님이 작성:
Hi Team,

thanks for working on this awesome tool...
I have been using this tool since last 2 weeks or so...
attached is the visualization which I able to achieved so far...

Nihal

Re: achieved so far using Zeppelin

Su She
Hello Nihal,

Quick question, how were you able to read data from a Json file? I've been unable to import "play.api.libs.json".

Thanks!

Best,

Su

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Nihal Bhagchandani <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Su,

following is the code which I have used to access JSON file in zeppelin

//load tweets Json Data as DataFrame
val jfile = sqlContext.jsonFile(s"file:///local/path/on/my/machine/data.json")

//print the schema for jFile DataFrame
jfile.printSchema

//since jfile holds the data in DataFrames we can directly register this data as table
jfile.registerTempTable("jTable")

hope this helps...

Nihal

On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 12:50 AM, Su She <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Nihal!

This is how I tried it, but I am trying to pull my json file from a URL, so I can't do (s"http://ip.json"). If you know any easy fix to this (other than saving the file), please let me know, if not no worries, as I'm also going to have this data in hdfs/hive.

the code i tried was:

val url = new URL("http://rest.json")

val content = fromInputStream(url.openStream).getLines.mkString("\n")

val  x = sqlContext.jsonFile(content)

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Nihal Bhagchandani <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

jsonFile method in Spark-SQL(1.3.1) only expect the path to file.
also make sure that when you store data in HDFS your json data should be one object per line
for more details follow the link

jsonFile(String path)
Loads a JSON file (one object per line), returning the result as a DataFrame.

if you plan to use Spark(1.4.0) these methods are deprecated you should use read method.

Nihal