ZeppelinContext textbox for passwords

Ben Vogan
Hi there,

Is it possible to create a textbox for accepting passwords via the ZeppelinContext (i.e. one that masks input)?  I do not see any way to do so, but I hope I'm missing something.

BENJAMIN VOGAN | Data Platform Team Lead

Re: ZeppelinContext textbox for passwords

Jeff Zhang
It is not possible for now, but I already made the dynamic forms extensible, should be able to create password textbox easily. You can create ticket for it.

Ben Vogan <[hidden email]>于2017年5月9日周二 下午3:59写道:
Hi there,

Is it possible to create a textbox for accepting passwords via the ZeppelinContext (i.e. one that masks input)?  I do not see any way to do so, but I hope I'm missing something.

BENJAMIN VOGAN | Data Platform Team Lead

Re: ZeppelinContext textbox for passwords

Ruslan Dautkhanov
In pyspark with Jupyter we used to do
getpass.getpass "Prompt the user for a password without echoing"
but with Zeppelin Spark Interpreter wouldn't pass interactive request
to pyspark REPL - it actually makes spark interpreter paragraph hang.

I was thinking to submit a jira for this a while back.
Not sure how hard it would be to add in Zeppelin.

Here's how it looks in Jupyter (Jupyer actually displays an interactive prompt under the paragraph):

Inline image 1

Here's how it looks in Zeppelin (after canceling execution as it gets stuck):

Inline image 2

I think if Zeppelin could understand that there is an interactive prompt,
this will be helpful not only with password prompts but any other cases (including shell interpreter).

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov