Zeppelin web development

stephane.davy

Hello all,

I’m interested in working on Helium package for visualizations. On the zeppelin-web page (https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/tree/master/zeppelin-web), the documentation explains how to run the front in development mode and that the URL to call is localhost:9000. The problem is that I cannot work directly on my workstation, I’d like to work remotely. I haven’t found any way to change localhost to something else like the real IP for example. I could for sure use a reverse-proxy but I’d like first to know if I’ts possible to modify localhost to something else.

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

RE: Zeppelin web development

stephane.davy

Thanks Jeff, I’ll give it a try J

Stéphane

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

RE: Zeppelin web development

stephane.davy

Hello Jeff,

By the way it didn’t solve my problem, I had to go with a reverse proxy. Anyway, the Web server is now up and running, but it seems that I also need to build the zeppelin backend server to go on right? I see many websocket calls to 8080 but I haven’t any service running on that. What is the full list of things I need to do only to work on helium visualization?

Thanks,

Stéphane

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Zeppelin web development

Jeff Zhang
Sorry, I don't know much about helium.  + moon who might can help you

<[hidden email]> 于2020年9月25日周五 下午5:16写道:

Hello Jeff,

By the way it didn’t solve my problem, I had to go with a reverse proxy. Anyway, the Web server is now up and running, but it seems that I also need to build the zeppelin backend server to go on right? I see many websocket calls to 8080 but I haven’t any service running on that. What is the full list of things I need to do only to work on helium visualization?

Thanks,

Stéphane

RE: Zeppelin web development

stephane.davy

Hi Jeff,

Actually, I think I have a solution : I have ready-to-go zeppelin-server which is running and serving the WS, and the Web interface is displayed by the zeppelin-web in dev mode. It seems to be ok, the question I have now is: where should I put the helium directory? In the zeppelin-server tree, or in the zeppelin-web tree?

Thanks,

Stéphane