Zeppelin notebook.repo.GitNotebookRepo

Richard Xin
for newly installed Zeppelin (0.7.2), I renamed zeppelin-site.xml.template to zeppelin-site.xml, and restart zeppelin, zeppelin-site.xml already have the following enabled:

<property>
  <name>zeppelin.notebook.storage</name>
  <value>org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.repo.GitNotebookRepo</value>
  <description>versioned notebook persistence layer implementation</description>
</property>

looks like local git repo is enabled, can this be point to remote git repo? such as github.com or even S3 will be great.
Thanks,
Richard

Re: Zeppelin notebook.repo.GitNotebookRepo

Khalid Huseynov-3
Hi Richard,

Actually that setting is only for local storage that allows git/revision related actions (e.g. commit, change revision). There's a separate setting for S3 though, you can find details in here.

Richard

Re: Zeppelin notebook.repo.GitNotebookRepo

Richard Xin
Khalid, thanks for the reply.
the problem I am facing is we could use either local git or S3 without git support. Any idea how I could get version control on S3?

if I change storage to S3, I can't use version control.

-Richard

Richard

Richard