Zeppelin for OLTP application

Plamen Paskov
Hi ppl,

Is zeppelin planned to handle a lot of traffic? I will try to explain
more clearly with example use case. I'm working on an admin panel that
is used by our clients (let say 100k users). One feature of the panel is
to display various dashboard and charts. Some of the charts are realtime.
I was playing with zeppelin and successfully connected to my kinesis
stream. The data is aggregated and set in a variable then another
paragraph that use the variable value is run from within a custom sink.
Finally the data paragraph print javascript code that will update the chart.
Do you think that zeppelin is applicable for my use case ?

Re: Zeppelin for OLTP application

Michael Segel
Can you clarify what you mean by OLTP?

From your description, you’re not doing OLTP which is a database term.

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 8:19 AM, Plamen Paskov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi ppl,
>
> Is zeppelin planned to handle a lot of traffic? I will try to explain more clearly with example use case. I'm working on an admin panel that is used by our clients (let say 100k users). One feature of the panel is to display various dashboard and charts. Some of the charts are realtime.
> I was playing with zeppelin and successfully connected to my kinesis stream. The data is aggregated and set in a variable then another paragraph that use the variable value is run from within a custom sink. Finally the data paragraph print javascript code that will update the chart.
> Do you think that zeppelin is applicable for my use case ?
>
> Thanks

Re: Zeppelin for OLTP application

Plamen Paskov
I want to embed zeppelin iframes inside a site with huge traffic. Is it acceptable or zeppelin can be used only from small group of people?

On Oct 11, 2017 5:18 PM, "Michael Segel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you clarify what you mean by OLTP?

From your description, you’re not doing OLTP which is a database term.