Zeppelin first time user: some questions.

Zeppelin first time user: some questions.

Renato Perini
Hello!
I want to evaluate Apache Zeppelin for some experiments in analytics at
my company.
Currently we have a custom setup for Apache Spark on Amazon EC2. This
small cluster is used for two purposes:
1) Routing logs coming from an Apache Flume instance and writing them to
an Apache Cassandra database through Spark Streaming.
2) Analyzing written logs on Cassandra to produce some (simple) stats
for the data stored on Cassandra (producing ad-hoc tables with processed
results).

I have been asked to produce a simple web app demo to show the results
of the computations stored on Cassandra and I have thought Zeppelin can
facilitate my homeworks.
Now I have some questions, before I even attempt to install it:

1) Can I use Java as the programming language for interacting with
Apache Spark? Or I'm constrained with Scala / Python?
2) Can I export images, graphs, etc. to directly use them into a
separate web app? Would it be difficult? Zeppelin can update those
images interactively as data updates on the tables and without user
intervention?
3) Can I read data directly from Cassandra without any further
processing? I have setup some tables that contains already processed
data, so the idea is to read those tables directly for showing some
graphs (maybe using loading data through SparkSQL).

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Renato Perini.

Best regards,
Eugene.

Re: Zeppelin first time user: some questions.

Vinay Shukla
Spark supports Scala, Java, Python & R.
Zeppelin supports the first 3, R support is in progress.

On Monday, September 28, 2015, Eugene <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best regards,
Eugene.

Re: Zeppelin first time user: some questions.

Ashish Dalal
R support on zeppelin is present though it has not gone public, here is the repo you can fork and get it to work for yourself.
I have got it working and have few sample runbooks too for SparkR , ggplot2, caret and googleVis.
Let me know if you need help as far as the above goes.

Regards,
Ashish

Eugene.

Re: Zeppelin first time user: some questions.

Renato Perini
Sorry, I meant "with Zeppelin".
Basically I want to write Java Spark Code in the Zeppelin notebook.

Thank you.

2015-09-28 4:08 GMT+04:00 Renato Perini <<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','renato.perini@gmail.com');" target="_blank">renato.perini@...>: