Unable to use angular backend or front end API to print variables

Unable to use angular backend or front end API to print variables

Arun Natva

> Hi,
> I am trying to use zeppelin angular Interpreter to build an interactive report.
>
> Installed zeppelin 0.6.0 on HDP 2.5.2. When I bind a value using z.angularBind(), the variable is not printing in the print statement.
>
> Can anyone please shed light on what I am missing ?
>
> Paragraph1:
>
> %spark
>
> z.angularBind("name", "Arun Natva")
>

> Paragraph2:
>
> %spark
>
> Println("%angular <h2> Hello {{name}}<h2>")
>
> Above code prints "Hello" instead of "Hello Arun Natva"
>
> I tried to start with %angular but it was throwing some other connection error.
>
> I tried adding maven dependencies of angular plugin in the zeppelin configuration but no luck.
>
> org.apache.zeppelin:zeppelin-angular:0.6.0
>

> Also, what the the difference between Frontend vs Backend API for angular on Zeppelin ?
>

> Appreciate your help !!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Unable to use angular backend or front end API to print variables

Park Hoon
Hi, regarding the difference

- (backend) https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/latest/displaysystem/back-end-angular.html
- (front) https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/latest/displaysystem/front-end-angular.html

In short,

- backend angular API works with other interpreters like spark, and so on. So you can use angular API `z.angular*` with the existing interpreters (if it's supported)
- on the other hand, frontend angular API provides `%angular`

Regard,