Sequential processing disabled?

Geiss, Chris

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

Re: Sequential processing disabled?

Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang

You can configure zeppelin.jdbc.concurrent.use as false to make jdbc interpreter run sequentially

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM
To: "[hidden email]'" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Sequential processing disabled?

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

RE: Sequential processing disabled?

Geiss, Chris

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the reply. So that will result in Impala paragraphs running sequentially? Is that because Impala goes through JDBC?

Chris

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM
To: "[hidden email]'" <[hidden email]>

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

Re: Sequential processing disabled?

Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang

Right, when zeppelin.jdbc.concurrent.use is false, paragraphs will run as FIFO

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 9:58 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM
To: "[hidden email]'" <[hidden email]>

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

RE: Sequential processing disabled?

Geiss, Chris

Jeff,

OK makes sense. Is this a global setting? Can it be set per user, or per Notebook?

Chris

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 9:58 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM
To: "[hidden email]'" <[hidden email]>

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

Re: Sequential processing disabled?

Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang
It is per interpreter. You can create impala interperter based on jdbc template. and configure its zeppelin.jdbc.concurrent.use to false,

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 10:10 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 9:58 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM
To: "[hidden email]'" <[hidden email]>

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

RE: Sequential processing disabled?

Geiss, Chris

Hi Jeff,

Does that mean we can have two Impala interpreters configured? One with sequential processing and one with parallel processing?

Chris

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 10:10 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 9:58 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:22 AM
To: "[hidden email]'" <[hidden email]>

I am using Zeppelin 0.8.0-SNAPSHOT with Impala. If I understand correctly, paragraphs that use the same interpreter should process sequentially. But some of the paragraphs seem to process in parallel. Am I wrong that they should be sequentially executed, or is there something different about Impala? Is there some configuration option I can check?

Chris

Re: Sequential processing disabled?

Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang

Right, actually you can create as many impala interpreter as you can. And each impala can have different setting.

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

From: "Geiss, Chris" <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, December 1, 2017 at 9:33 PM