SSL for either 7.2 or 7.3?

Michael Segel
Hi,

While I have 7.3 set up on my mac and it works fine for local use (http://127.0.0.1:8080) I want to install zeppelin on an edge node of my hadoop cluster.
Because I’m going to be exposing the ip traffic across a network, I want to make sure I’m using SSL.

Unfortunately, its a big fail.
I tried following the links in the Zeppelin Doc website (which points to another site for a condense set of instructions on how to set up a pkcs12 key.

I’m stuck on the length error.

I’ve started with the binary and then tried to compile from the source. Same issue.

Is anyone using SSL w Zeppelin?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thx

-Mike

Re: SSL for either 7.2 or 7.3?

Michael Segel
Thanks for the fast response.

A friend also recommended this… and it was my next step if I couldn’t get this to work.
I always suspect human error first.  (Human meaning me. :-)  Where I did something stupid to muck it up.

I’m going to try one last thing before I give up on the SSL and then try the NGNIX route.

Re: SSL for either 7.2 or 7.3?

Michael Segel

On Sep 28, 2017, at 6:59 AM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for the fast response.

A friend also recommended this… and it was my next step if I couldn’t get this to work.
I always suspect human error first.  (Human meaning me. :-)  Where I did something stupid to muck it up.

I’m going to try one last thing before I give up on the SSL and then try the NGNIX route.

On Sep 28, 2017, at 6:49 AM, Markus Härnvi <[hidden email]> wrote:

While I schlep off in failure and going to try the NGINX route,  I have to wonder WTF?

The error:
ERROR [2017-09-28 07:03:20,781] ({main} ZeppelinServer.java[main]:191) - Error while running jettyServer
java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=109, too big.

Doesn’t make any real sense. There has to be a way to fix this.  :-(

Updated NGINX docs?

Michael Segel

So I’ve downloaded the prebuilt nginx by setting up the repo and pulling down the pre-built version 1.13

Unfortunately the documentation with Zeppelin 7.3 doesn’t match and is way off.

Anyone have any pointers? Basically there is no ./sites-available directory.  So where should the zeppelin info hang out?

Thx in advance,

-Mike