Re: Zeppelin not accessible behind a proxy server

Re: Zeppelin not accessible behind a proxy server

Could you verify websocket port access using some tool like curl?
Zeppelin uses two ports. one for rest api and one for websocket (usually rest api port + 1)

For example, i can curl to my websocket port and get empty result.

Lees-MacBook:zeppelin moon$ curl -v localhost:8081
* Rebuilt URL to: localhost:8081/
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying ::1...
* Connected to localhost (::1) port 8081 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8081
> Accept: */*
* Empty reply from server
* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 5:09 AM Rishitesh Mishra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,
I am setting up a spark cluster on a bunch of machines which is accessible only via a proxy from my network.
Also I have started a Zeppelin server on the remote network, While I can access the Zeppelin URL by the proxy it always shows in disconnected status.
Looking at the Zeppelin docs it looks like Zeppelin maintains a Websocket connection from browser to server.
I also tested our proxy which allows Websocket connections on 443 . Still I am not able to see connected status even after starting the Zeppelin Websocket on 443.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rishi