Re: [DISCUSS] Release 0.8.0

Raffaele S
I still think this is the best course, we should proceed in that direction.

Raffaele

Thanks for starting discussion on 0.8.0 release. I also think that need to concentrate on solving the issues blocking release and link the issues community considers important for it under the umbrella issue you mentioned.

Further regarding stable and latest release, here's one example how it looks like in redis for instance https://redis.io/download

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 3:11 AM, Park Hoon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, @user and @dev.

Recently, The last major release was about 5 months ago and many new
features bug fixes have been implemented / applied for few months.

Even though all features discussed in the thread before (“Roadmap for
0.8.0”[1]), some are available now.

So I think we can release 0.8.0 as the latest one while keeping 0.7.2 as
the most stable one as @moon suggested in the “Roadmap for 0.8.0” mailing
thread.

Shall we proceed to 0.8.0?

Here is the umbrella issue for the release 0.8.0. If you have issues to be
shared, Please add them to the ticket.

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2385

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f4be5635e6e72d2a9dc23771ceeaef8a8e5933bfb14db7cab303bc22@%3Cdev.zeppelin.apache.org%3E