Re: Basic example for Spark SQL using Hbase

Re: Basic example for Spark SQL using Hbase

ALEX K
you can access Phoenix table in Hbase with Spark and Zeppelin as shown here: https://gist.github.com/mravi/1255b47699d2c71f5acd

or query phoenix directly from zeppelin, it  has an interpreter now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-186

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Niels Basjes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have a bunch of HBase tables (on a Kerberos secured Hadoop cluster)
and I would like to allow some people access to this HBase data via
Zeppelin (because it looks good) using Spark-SQL.

These people are capable of writing an SQL statement (so learning them
Spark-sql should be doable) yet Spark is a bit too hard for them to
learn.

To be honest ... I'm a developer but I'm not that fluent in Spark
myself yet ... so I'm reaching out to you guys for a little bit of
help.

What I would like to have is a working example that shows me how to
create a setup that let's me use Spark-SQL in Zeppelin to query an
HBase table.
I have found various bits and pieces yet no complete working example
"from hbase via spark-sql to piechart".

Can you guys point me to one?

Thanks.

--