Question regarding zeppelin installation

Question regarding zeppelin installation

Nirmal Sharma
Hi,

I am trying to use zeppelin and have couple of questions.

1. We have MPAR cluster (Hadoop 1.0.3) and Spark 1.4.0  is also running on the same using Apache mesos and i tried installing zeppelin and were able to build it successfully.
(Used this command to install : mvn install -DskipTests -Dspark.version=1.4.0 -Dhadoop.version=1.0.3 )

But when i am using it, instead of connecting to my Spark and hadoop cluster, it is connecting to its own installed spark instance and giving me errors.
Also, with %sql interpreter, it is not connecting to my Hive DB.

2. Also with %python, it gives "no python interpreter found error".

Please let me know if i need to reinstall it in different way?

Thanks
Nirmal

Re: Question regarding zeppelin installation

Nihal Bhagchandani
Hi Nirmal,

by-default zeppelin use local[*] spark context, if you want to point this out to your own, you can configure it under "interpreter" menu on zeppelin-UI.

Interpreter --> spark -->master

and for Hive
Interpreter --> hive -->hive.hiveserver2.url

hope this helps...

-Nihal