Problem using H2O in Zeppelin

Яровой Андрей Викторович

Hi all!

I faced a problem trying to use deep learning algorithms from H2O library in Zeppelin

The problem is following:

When I try to import class

import hex.deeplearning.DeepLearning

I get an error:

Unapplied methods are only converted to functions when a function type is expected.

You can make this conversion explicit by writing `hex _` or `hex(_)` instead of `hex`.

       import hex.deeplearning.DeepLearning

As I see the error happens because the function "hex" already exists in Zeppelin namespace, it comes implicitly from the package "org.apache.spark.sql.functions",

Thus it conflicts with package name, so I have to "unimport" it, but I don’t know how.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Yarovoy

Re: Problem using H2O in Zeppelin

Mohit Jaggi
try
import org.apache.spark.sql.{ functions => sparkSqlFunctions }

Mohit Jaggi
Founder,
Data Orchard LLC

Andrew Yarovoy

RE: Problem using H2O in Zeppelin

Яровой Андрей Викторович

Hi, Mohit!

Thank you for your reply!

I did what you proposed but with no success:

import org.apache.spark.sql.{ functions => sparkSqlFunctions }

import hex.deeplearning.DeepLearning

<console>:26: error: missing argument list for method hex in object functions

Unapplied methods are only converted to functions when a function type is expected.

You can make this conversion explicit by writing `hex _` or `hex(_)` instead of `hex`.

import hex.deeplearning.DeepLearning

Regards,

Andrew Yarovoy

Re: Problem using H2O in Zeppelin