Preconfigure Spark interpreter

Serega Sheypak
Hi, I need to pre-configure spark interpreter with my own artifacts and internal repositories. How can I do it?

Re: Preconfigure Spark interpreter

Fabian Böhnlein

Do it via the Ui once and you'll see how interpreter.json of the Zeppelin installation will be changed.

Hi, I need to pre-configure spark interpreter with my own artifacts and internal repositories. How can I do it?

Re: Preconfigure Spark interpreter

Serega Sheypak
Aha, thanks. I'm building Zeppelin from source, so I can put my custom settings directly?

BTW, why does interpreter-list file don't contain spark interpreter?

Do it via the Ui once and you'll see how interpreter.json of the Zeppelin installation will be changed.

Hi, I need to pre-configure spark interpreter with my own artifacts and internal repositories. How can I do it?

Re: Preconfigure Spark interpreter

Paul Brenner
Whenever I’ve wanted to do this (preconfigure an interpreter using interpreter.json instead of one by one adding each config into the webui) my process was
  1. First create an interpreter in the webUI and enter all my configs into that interpreter via the webUI
  2. In the webUI again,  create the next interpreter that I want to preconfigure so that zeppelin puts some skeleton code in the interpreter.json, creates an interpreter ID, and I assume creates anything else that might be relevant?
  3. Stop Zeppelin
  4. Open interpreter.json and carefully copy the relevant contents of the first interpreter section into the second interpreter section.
  5. Restart zeppelin
Not sure which of those steps are necessary or might be excessive but it works for me.

Paul Brenner
DATA SCIENTIST
(217) 390-3033

PlaceIQ:Location Data Accuracy