Paragraphs do not run

Nitay Itzhacky

Hi,

I have already posted a question, but I did not get my answer. So, I'll try being more informative this time.

I'm working on a separate network and trying to install zeppelin on a cluster on the network.

I built zeppelin on a regular computer (using the command line : mvn install -DskipTests -Dspark.version=1.3.0 -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0

This worked on this computer and I was able the execute paragraphs in the zeppelin UI.
Then, I transfered the built zeppelin project to the server in the separate network (that is a part of a cluster of Linux servers).

When I start the zeppelin server (zeppelin-deamon.sh start) I can see the zeppelin UI on port 8080 on this server. However when I try to run paragraphs i get a server error.
In the logs I can see the following errors and warnings :

ServletHandler.java[doHandle] : 561) - /api/notebook/interpreter/bind/2A94M5J1Z
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: org/apach/zeppelin/rest/message/InterpreterSettingListForNoteBind...

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/zeppelin/rest/message/InterpreterSettingListForNoteBind

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org. apache. zeppelin. rest. message. InterpreterSettingListForNoteBind
InterpreterRestApi has thrown exception, unwinding now

Does anybody know why running a paragraph results a server error?

Re: Paragraphs do not run

IT CTO
I am using a different steps to get zeppelin on an internal network

mvn clean packageĀ -P build-distr [/w the rest of your build option] on the connected machine and you will get a zip file in the distribute directory.
take this zip file to the internal network open it and run the server.

This is what we do and it works perfectly.
Eran

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:33 AM Nitay Itzhacky <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Alexander Bezzubov
Hi Nitay,

can you please try building the Zeppelin archive distribution locally by

mvn install -DskipTests -Dspark.version=1.3.0 -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0
-Pbuild-distr

 and then cp the tar.gz archive from zeppelin-distribution/target/ to
the server, unpack and run zeppelin-daemon.sh there again?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Nitay Itzhacky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have already posted a question, but I did not get my answer. So, I'll try
> being more informative this time.
>
> I'm working on a separate network and trying to install zeppelin on a
> cluster on the network.
>
> I built zeppelin on a regular computer (using the command line : mvn install
> -DskipTests -Dspark.version=1.3.0 -Dhadoop.version=2.6.0
>
> This worked on this computer and I was able the execute paragraphs in the
> zeppelin UI.
> Then, I transfered the built zeppelin project to the server in the separate
> network (that is a part of a cluster of Linux servers).
>
> When I start the zeppelin server (zeppelin-deamon.sh start) I can see the
> zeppelin UI on port 8080 on this server. However when I try to run
> paragraphs i get a server error.
> In the logs I can see the following errors and warnings :
>
> ServletHandler.java[doHandle] : 561) -
> /api/notebook/interpreter/bind/2A94M5J1Z
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault:
> org/apach/zeppelin/rest/message/InterpreterSettingListForNoteBind...

> org/apache/zeppelin/rest/message/InterpreterSettingListForNoteBind
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org. apache. zeppelin. rest.
> message. InterpreterSettingListForNoteBind
> InterpreterRestApi has thrown exception, unwinding now
>
> Does anybody know why running a paragraph results a server error?

Kind regards,
Alexander.