Latest src fails to compile zepplin-web errors out with: 'grunt --no-color' failed

Latest src fails to compile zepplin-web errors out with: 'grunt --no-color' failed

Jeff Steinmetz

Fairly basic setup using Vagrant in a virtual box
Ubuntu 14.04
mvn –version reports
Apache Maven 3.3.3
The only commands I run from a fresh VM of Ubuntu after installing java 7 and maven 3.3 are:

sudo su
apt-get –y install git
cd incubator-zeppelin
mvn clean package -Pspark-1.3 -Dhadoop.version=2.2.0 -Phadoop-2.2 -DskipTests

——
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:0.0.23:grunt (grunt build) on project zeppelin-web: Failed to run task: 'grunt --no-color' failed. (error code 3) -> [Help 1]

Re: Latest src fails to compile zepplin-web errors out with: 'grunt --no-color' failed

Corneau Damien
Hi,

I got that error a couple of times last week but couldn't find a real reason behind it. It's pretty random to me, and I couldn't find an exact fix.
I did succeed in compiling after doing a few of my usual workflow: switching branch, rebasing, discarding changes, git clean -dxf etc...