JDBC interpreter - Illegal principal name // org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule

JDBC interpreter - Illegal principal name // org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule

Michał Kabocik
Dears,

I'm trying to enable %jdbc interpreter to be able to work with hive tables.

I'm using kerberized HDP 2.5.3 with Zeppelin 0.6.2. I also have hue which we are using for a long time. Zeppelin is connected to AD, so I log in using my CK. The same CK is used to log in to hue and it's working fine, what brings me to the conclusion that my auth_to_local rules are correct.

Unfortunatelly, when trying to run %jdbc interpreter in Zeppelin I see:

Illegal principal name [hidden email]: org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule: No rules applied to [hidden email]
org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule: No rules applied to [hidden email]
class org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterException
org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.getConnection(JDBCInterpreter.java:236)
org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.getStatement(JDBCInterpreter.java:275)
org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.executeSql(JDBCInterpreter.java:336)
org.apache.zeppelin.jdbc.JDBCInterpreter.interpret(JDBCInterpreter.java:442)
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.interpret(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:94)
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreterServer$InterpretJob.jobRun(RemoteInterpreterServer.java:341)
org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:176)
org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.ParallelScheduler$JobRunner.run(ParallelScheduler.java:162)
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Michał Kabocik

Re: JDBC interpreter - Illegal principal name // org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util.KerberosName$NoMatchingRule

Michał Kabocik
Dears,

I figured out that I was missing jars in the zeppelin jdbc interpreter repository. I added them manually and it worked.

Kind regards,