Is it possible to run Zeppelin on cluster

Is it possible to run Zeppelin on cluster

Soheil Pourbafrani
Something like Kafka or Hadoop cluster?

Re: Is it possible to run Zeppelin on cluster

Soheil Pourbafrani
I mean to configure Zeppelin in multimode.

Something like Kafka or Hadoop cluster?

Re: Is it possible to run Zeppelin on cluster

Michael Segel
Ok..
The answer is no.

You have a web interface. It runs on a web server.  Does the web server run in a cluster?

On Apr 30, 2018, at 12:24 AM, Soheil Pourbafrani <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks, I meant the Zeppelin itself, not it's jobs.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 11:51 PM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes if you mean to run the spark jobs on a cluster.

On Apr 29, 2018, at 7:25 AM, Soheil Pourbafrani <[hidden email]> wrote:

I mean to configure Zeppelin in multimode.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 4:49 PM, Soheil Pourbafrani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Something like Kafka or Hadoop cluster?

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit.

Re: Is it possible to run Zeppelin on cluster

Ruslan Dautkhanov
It probably would work for an active-passive Zeppelin cluster if all files are in a shared NFS directory for example, not as active-active.
One simple example - they would keep overwriting configuration files / notebook files etc.

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

Ankit.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit.

Re: Is it possible to run Zeppelin on cluster

Michael Segel
Yeah, but each instance is separate.  I don’t think that’s what OP meant since he referenced Hadoop.

As others point out the Notebook dir has to be accessible to all instances.