How to setup Zeppelin in AWS EC2

Park Hoon
Hi @users,

Andrew C. Oliver wrote an article "How to set up Zeppelin for analytics and visualization in Amazon’s EC2" in InfoWorld

This article covers the full steps (creating EC2, configure shiro, ...) so that could be helpful for users who want to setup Zeppelin for their team on AWS.

Regard,

Re: How to setup Zeppelin in AWS EC2

Park Hoon
Hi, Thanks for your opinion.

- Not every user uses spark and
- Some users might want to connect standalone Zeppelin with their existing JDBC, elasticsearch, and so on.

That article might be too basic for you or advanced users. But I believe our community has beginners and they can grow community more.

You might directly comment on the article about your points.

Regard,

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Ken Barclay <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for that link Park – I think I’m missing something though: It’s useful to know more about how to configure Zeppelin, but what’s the point of installing Zeppelin on an EC2 instance? Don’t you need to point it to a Spark cluster? And if you’re going to run your queries against a cluster, and you’re using AWS, wouldn’t it make more sense to select Zeppelin and Spark as applications to deploy on EMR, which gets you both Zeppelin and cluster to run it against?