How to find out zeppelin's version number from within a notebook?

How to find out zeppelin's version number from within a notebook?

Partridge, Lucas (GE Aviation)

Unfortunately the version number is missing from the ‘About Zeppelin’ dialog box and I have no access to the file system. So is there something like ‘zeppelin.version’ we can type within a notebook’s paragraph to find out what version we’re running please?

Re: How to find out zeppelin's version number from within a notebook?

Park Hoon
Hi,

Could you test `<a href="http://localhost:8080/api/version`">http://localhost:8080/api/version`?

You will get this kind of response. `version` is what you are looking for

If you are working with JS code, you can get version in this way

  $scope.getInterpreterBindingModeDocsLink = function() {
    const currentVersion = $rootScope.zeppelinVersion

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Partridge, Lucas (GE Aviation) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Unfortunately the version number is missing from the ‘About Zeppelin’ dialog box and I have no access to the file system. So is there something like ‘zeppelin.version’ we can type within a notebook’s paragraph to find out what version we’re running please?

How to find out zeppelin's version number from within a notebook?

Partridge, Lucas (GE Aviation)

That worked thanks!  Although I had to use a different host and port because it’s hosted remotely. But I got this back in the browser:

{"status":"OK","message":"Zeppelin version","body":"0.7.0.2.6.0.11-1"}

Ideally it would be nice to have a variable like zeppelin.version accessible from Python or Scala though too.