How do I give ReadOnly access to anonymous user?

How do I give ReadOnly access to anonymous user?

shyla
I am running Zeppelin on EMR cluster.
I want to share a Dashboard just for viewing with the customers .
What is the best way to do that?

Thanks
-shyla

Re: How do I give ReadOnly access to anonymous user?

Michael Segel
Do you really want the user to be anonymous?
What about using Shiro to set up a role?

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 10:48 AM, shyla deshpande <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am running Zeppelin on EMR cluster.
> I want to share a Dashboard just for viewing with the customers .
> What is the best way to do that?
>
> Thanks
> -shyla

Re: How do I give ReadOnly access to anonymous user?

shyla
Hi Michael ,
Thanks for the response. I am using Shiro for users within our organization.
 I was seeing if there is a way to share the link with the customers who are not a part of our organization.
-Shyla

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Michael Segel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you really want the user to be anonymous?
What about using Shiro to set up a role?

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 10:48 AM, shyla deshpande <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am running Zeppelin on EMR cluster.
> I want to share a Dashboard just for viewing with the customers .
> What is the best way to do that?
>
> Thanks
> -shyla

Re: How do I give ReadOnly access to anonymous user?

Michael Segel
I’m still a novice when it comes to Zeppelin, but if it were me…

I would expose a separate instance of Zeppelin for external access. Different from the zeppelin service used internally.
I would also use nginx in front as a proxy to offer SSL connections.

Then on that version… you could authenticate via nginx or in shiro.  If you want to use an anonymous access, I think you could set up a role for readOnly… but I’m not sure if what you want is possible or how you would do that. It sounds reasonable and should be doable.

But I have to ask if using Zeppelin as a dashboard is the best option?
Since its read only… wouldn’t you be better off with a dashboard using javascript?  (Isn’t there a scala/java script package out there? )

Also, I don’t know if I would want to run anonymous … I’m just paranoid and you lose some potential data on your ‘customers’ too.