Helium - Algorithm

Sofiane Cherchalli
Hi,

Is it possible to use Helium to just implement algorithms without views? My idea is to have a catalog of algorithms that could be chained together. Each algorithm would read input from hdfs, process, and write output to hdfs. This could be very useful for data preprocessing.

Any thought or suggestions about that?

Thanks.
Sofiane

Re: Helium - Algorithm

If you take a look Helium Proof of Concept video [1] in the proposal [2], you'll see one Helium app load data and then visualize data with another Helium App (from 1min).

So i would say it's totally possible, although we might need some improvement to do it more smoothly.

What do you think?

Thanks.
Sofiane