Encrypt/Decrypt Key in Spark Layer

Suresh Ayyavoo
Hi All,

We have requirements to have Encrypt/Decrypt key in application layer(not database layer)
We already implemented encrypt column level data before save it to database using Spark(Scala) ETL module.
Now to decrypt. We can't keep decrypt key in front-end Zeppelin scala or sql, because using sniffing key we are able to see the key(if its in front-end).
Can we have a kind of plugin or module in Spark to add the decrypt key to the query coming to spark from Zeppelin? anyone have done it? or any better way to do it?

--

Suresh Ayyavoo

Solution Architect / R&D Lead

Re: Encrypt/Decrypt Key in Spark Layer

Jongyoul Lee
AFAIK, we don't have that feature yet. Can you make a JIRA issue to describe in detail?

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Suresh Ayyavoo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

We have requirements to have Encrypt/Decrypt key in application layer(not database layer)
We already implemented encrypt column level data before save it to database using Spark(Scala) ETL module.
Now to decrypt. We can't keep decrypt key in front-end Zeppelin scala or sql, because using sniffing key we are able to see the key(if its in front-end).
Can we have a kind of plugin or module in Spark to add the decrypt key to the query coming to spark from Zeppelin? anyone have done it? or any better way to do it?

--

Suresh Ayyavoo

Solution Architect / R&D Lead

--