Disable shell interpreter

cs user
Hello,

Is it possible to disable access to the shell interpreter ?

I had thought of doing this for the zeppelin user, however I think this might break other interpreters.

I believe it would be possible to remove the interpreter from the list of interpreters, and then remove user access and prevent them from re-adding it. However this would prevent users from modifying the current interpreter settings.

Basically I'm just looking for a way to prevent the zeppelin shell interpreter from being able to start.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Re: Disable shell interpreter

Park Hoon
Hi,

if you enable shiro.ini, you can set API based security to disable someone edit / add the new sh interpreter. For example, (refer `conf/shiro.ini.template`)

`/api/interpreter/** = authc, roles[admin]`

- http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/setup/security/shiro_authentication.html#secure-your-zeppelin-information-optional

Also, it's possible to prevent using sh interpreter from unauthorized users by setting `owner` of the interpreter.

regard

Thanks!