[DISCUSSION] Extending TableData API

Park Hoon
Hi All,

Recently, ZEPPELIN-753 (Tabledata abstraction) and ZEPPELIN-2020 (Remote method invocation for resources) were resolved.
Based on this work, we can improve Zeppelin with the following enhancements:

* register the table result as a shared resource
* list all available (registered) tables
* preview tables including its meta information (e.g columns, types, ..)
* download registered tables as CSV, and other formats.
* pivoting/filtering in backend to transforming larger data
* cross join tables in different interpreters (e.g Spark interpreter uses a table result generated from JDBC interpreter)

You can find the full proposal in Extending Table Data API which is contributed by @1ambda, @khalidhuseynov, @Leemoonsoo.

Any question, feedback or discussion will be welcomed.

Thanks.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Extending TableData API

Jun Kim
All of the enhancements looks great to me!

And I wish a feature which can upload a small CSV file (maybe about 20MB..?) and play with it directly.
It would be great if I can drag a file to Zeppelin and register it as the table.

Thanks :)

2017년 6월 12일 (월) 오전 11:40, Park Hoon <[hidden email]>님이 작성:

--
Taejun Kim

Data Mining Lab.
University of Seoul