[DISCUSS] Official release of 0.9.0

Jeff Zhang

Hi Folks,

We released 0.9.0 preview2 around 2 months ago, we have made lots of improvements after that, I am thinking that it might be good to have official release of 0.9. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

--
Best Regards

Re: [DISCUSS] Official release of 0.9.0

Eric Pugh
I would love to see more releases sooner to get access to the improvements.

On Sep 18, 2020, at 12:02 PM, Jeff Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Folks,

We released 0.9.0 preview2 around 2 months ago, we have made lots of improvements after that, I am thinking that it might be good to have official release of 0.9. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

_______________________
Eric Pugh Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com | My Free/Busy
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: [DISCUSS] Official release of 0.9.0

cronoik

Hi Jeff,

I think 0.9 is ready to be released. We are already using preview 2 and haven't faced any major issues.

Thank you everyone for your contributions!

Best regards
cronoik
On 9/18/20 6:02 PM, Jeff Zhang wrote:

Hi Folks,

We released 0.9.0 preview2 around 2 months ago, we have made lots of improvements after that, I am thinking that it might be good to have official release of 0.9. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

--
Best Regards

Re: [DISCUSS] Official release of 0.9.0

Philipp Dallig

Hello, Jeff,

I'm against an official version 0.9.0. At the moment Zeppelin has a regression with the TimeoutLifecycleManager if you use K8s interpreter-pods. I am also facing the problem that K8s interpreter pods that were terminated with 'kubectl delete pod xyz' or during maintenance work will not start anymore. All you can do is to restart the whole interpreter via the interpreter settings.

We should also update our Shiro and Jetty version due to security vulnerabilities.

Maybe a preview3 version makes sense.

With kind regards
Philipp

Am 18.09.20 um 18:02 schrieb Jeff Zhang:

Hi Folks,

We released 0.9.0 preview2 around 2 months ago, we have made lots of improvements after that, I am thinking that it might be good to have official release of 0.9. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

--
Best Regards

Re: [DISCUSS] Official release of 0.9.0

Jeff Zhang
Hi Philipp,

How about releasing 0.9 after fixing these issues you mentioned ? I have created umbrella ticket for 0.9 release, feel free to add any tickets that you think should be included in 0.9

Philipp Dallig <[hidden email]> 于2020年9月21日周一 下午11:39写道:

[...]

It's been a long time since our last discussion of 0.9 release, I believe most of blocker issues are been resolved, do you think it would be good time to kick off the release ?

Jeff Zhang <[hidden email]> 于2020年9月22日周二 上午10:17写道:
[...]

Thank you for taking this forward. At the moment I have no issues blocking version 0.9.0. It would be nice if we could solve the Shiro update (ZEPPELIN-5015) before release due to security vulnerabilities. In the meantime Shiro 1.7.0 has been released. PR #3976 updates Shiro to 1.7.0. I have not tested this change manually, but travis-ci passed (https://travis-ci.com/github/Reamer/zeppelin/builds/202702821).

It would also be nice to have the feature "Metrics and Health Check" (https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/3971) in version 0.9.0. Caution: this feature includes a breaking change to existing JMX monitoring solutions.

With kind regards
Philipp

Am 19.11.20 um 03:28 schrieb Jeff Zhang:
[...]

Seems most of the blocker issues are completed, if there's no other blocker issues, I will try to start the release in the next few days.

Philipp Dallig <[hidden email]> 于2020年11月19日周四 下午10:07写道: