Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

shyla
Hello all,

I need help in creating cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster. Please give me the info on what to install and configure.

Re: Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

DuyHai Doan
If you're running on AWS EMR Spark Cluster, why do you need a Cassandra interpreter ???? Is Cassandra installed on your AWS cluster ?

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:23 PM, shyla deshpande <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I need help in creating cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster. Please give me the info on what to install and configure.

Re: Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

DuyHai Doan
So just use the Cassandra interpreter, I don't see where is the problem, there is even documentation here:

http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.7.1/interpreter/cassandra.html

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:51 PM, shyla deshpande <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, we do have cassandra cluster on AWS-EC2.

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 2:39 PM, DuyHai Doan <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you're running on AWS EMR Spark Cluster, why do you need a Cassandra interpreter ???? Is Cassandra installed on your AWS cluster ?

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:23 PM, shyla deshpande <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I need help in creating cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster. Please give me the info on what to install and configure.

Re: Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

shyla
I don't see the cassandra interpreter, so I need to create the interpreter.

Locally, I installed the Binary package with all interpreters and works fine.

On AWS EMR, all the binaries may not be there, and thats where I need help.

Thanks

EMR-1.png (69K) Download Attachment

Re: Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

shyla
I now have the cassandra interpreter setup.

But I am getting the following error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.zeppelin.cassandra.DisplaySystem$NoResultDisplay$
at org.apache.zeppelin.cassandra.EnhancedSession.<init>(EnhancedSession.scala:40)

Please help.

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 5.37.38 PM.png (69K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 5.34.08 PM.png (60K) Download Attachment

Re: Create cassandra interpreter for Zeppelin on AWS EMR spark cluster

shyla
Yes I had installed 0.7.1 .
Now I removed the Cassandra Interpreter and added again and it worked.
Thanks Doan.