Configure spark interpreter setting from environment variables

Configure spark interpreter setting from environment variables

benoit.drooghaag@gmail.com
Hi all,

Is there a way to configure arbitrary spark interpreter settings via environment variables ?
For example, I'd like to set the "spark.ui.reverseProxy" setting to "true".
For the moment, I can only do it manually via the Zeppelin UI, that is working as expected.
But I'd ike to have this property set automatically at startup.

Can anyone advice on how to do that, or guide me to relevant doc ?

Thanks,
Benoit

Re: Configure spark interpreter setting from environment variables

Jeff Zhang

Set interpreter setting is one time effort, it should not be inconvenient for users. But if you are a zeppelin vender and want to customize zeppelin, you can edit interpreter-setting.json of spark interpreter and copy it into $ZEPPELIN_HOME/interpreter/spark

[hidden email] <[hidden email]>于2017年9月27日周三 下午4:49写道:
Hi all,

Is there a way to configure arbitrary spark interpreter settings via environment variables ?
For example, I'd like to set the "spark.ui.reverseProxy" setting to "true".
For the moment, I can only do it manually via the Zeppelin UI, that is working as expected.
But I'd ike to have this property set automatically at startup.

Can anyone advice on how to do that, or guide me to relevant doc ?

Thanks,
Benoit

Re: Configure spark interpreter setting from environment variables

Benoit Drooghaag
Thanks for your quick feedback.
There is no "interpreter-setting.json" in zeppelin-0.7.3-bin-all.tgz.
Can you tell me more ?
I'm currently building a docker image for Zeppelin to be integrated with a spark cluster.
I cannot rely on users to set interpreter settings.

Thanks

Benoit

Re: Configure spark interpreter setting from environment variables

Jeff Zhang
unfortunately it is packaged in the spark interpreter jar. but you can get it from source code.

Benoit Drooghaag <[hidden email]>于2017年9月27日周三 下午5:11写道:

Benoit

Re: Configure spark interpreter setting from environment variables

benoit.drooghaag@gmail.com
That is working.
Thanks a lot