Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Zeppelin

Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Zeppelin

Mich Talebzadeh
Hi,

As I understood Cloudera Data Science Workbench was based on Zeppelin. Zeppelin as open source was supported by Hortonworks and Cloudera took Zeppelin and created the Workbench.

As anyone within Zeppelin community come across this Workbench and how do you rate it?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Zeppelin

Jeff Zhang

I haven't use Cloudera Data Science workbench, this is the first time I heard that Cloudera Data Science workbench is using zeppelin. Are you sure about that ?

Mich Talebzadeh <[hidden email]>于2017年9月10日周日 下午3:13写道:
Hi,

As I understood Cloudera Data Science Workbench was based on Zeppelin. Zeppelin as open source was supported by Hortonworks and Cloudera took Zeppelin and created the Workbench.

As anyone within Zeppelin community come across this Workbench and how do you rate it?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Zeppelin

Mich Talebzadeh
I was under the impression that it was based on zeppelin or originally started based on it.

it would be interesting to see how it was developed as it is a relatively new comer.

HTH

On 10 September 2017 at 08:54, Jeff Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

I haven't use Cloudera Data Science workbench, this is the first time I heard that Cloudera Data Science workbench is using zeppelin. Are you sure about that ?

Mich Talebzadeh <[hidden email]>于2017年9月10日周日 下午3:13写道:
Hi,

As I understood Cloudera Data Science Workbench was based on Zeppelin. Zeppelin as open source was supported by Hortonworks and Cloudera took Zeppelin and created the Workbench.

As anyone within Zeppelin community come across this Workbench and how do you rate it?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

Re: Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Zeppelin

Felix Cheung
Having used it myself, it looks to be a different technology at several different levels, so I'm not sure it is based on Zeppelin in any way.

Yeshwanth Jagini

Re: Cloudera Data Science Workbench and Zeppelin

Ruslan Dautkhanov
I like the idea of using containers / kubernetes to run users' own instances of data science workbench.

Although with YARN adding docker containers in Hadoop 2.8 we could have similar functionality without k8s:
Assuming  we will see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2040 completed  ..

Ruslan Dautkhanov