Building zeppelin-web Project

Taylor Peer
Hi,

I've been making a few modifications to the Zeppelin frontend, all
located within the zeppelin-web project. To test the changes, I've been
rebuilding the entire Zeppelin application using the main pom.xml and
"mvn clean package". Is there a more efficient way to do this? Can I
just rebuild the zeppelin-web project?

Also, during the build process all JS scripts get combined into a single
file and are minified for release - can this be disabled for development
builds using another mvn build parameter or profile?

Thanks,
Taylor

Re: Building zeppelin-web Project

Corneau Damien

You can use 'grunt serve' inside zeppelin-web folder to run in development mode (using sources directly).

On Jun 28, 2015 6:02 PM, "Taylor Peer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've been making a few modifications to the Zeppelin frontend, all located within the zeppelin-web project. To test the changes, I've been rebuilding the entire Zeppelin application using the main pom.xml and "mvn clean package". Is there a more efficient way to do this? Can I just rebuild the zeppelin-web project?

Also, during the build process all JS scripts get combined into a single file and are minified for release - can this be disabled for development builds using another mvn build parameter or profile?

Thanks,
Taylor

Re: Building zeppelin-web Project

Eric Charles
Don't forget to have a zeppelin-server up-and-running before launching
'grunt serve'.

Another (less elegant) option is to define the zeppelin.war property to
your_path/zeppelin-web/app folder (you will also need to copy the
bower_components folder to zeppelin-web/app).